It’s almost Christmas! This no doubt means that you’re looking for inexpensive gifts to get for the woodworker/carpenter/handyman in your life. I’ve put together a list of 20 gift ideas under $20.
- Stanley 6-In-1 Screwdriver($9.99)| I have many 6-in-1 screwdrivers. This one is by far the best and my favorite. In fact this very screwdriver is probably my most used tool. Don’t worry about if he already has one, sometimes it’s nice to have multiples of useful tools to stick in the car, the junk draw, at work, etc.
- 7 in. Pocket Combination Square ($7.64)| This is one of those tools that you don’t think you need. That is until you get one and start using it. My little combination square lives in my tool bag right next to my Screwdriver.
- Wood-Cased Pencils, #2 HB, Yellow, Box of 96 ($15.01) | How do I know a big box of pencils is a good gift for a woodworker? Because I specifically asked for a box full of pencils last Christmas. I prefer standard pencils some prefer Carpenter Pencils.
- X-Acto Model KS Table- or Wall-Mount Pencil Sharpener ($10.74) | Every shop needs a dedicated pencil sharpener. I honestly prefer the mechanical type especially since it can be mounted anywhere.
- Craftsman 100-PC Accessory Kit ($13.49) | Drill bits get lost, Driver bits wear out. These kits are a must for anybody who owns a power drill.
- Craftsman Utility Gloves ($9.99) | A good pair of gloves are always a good gift. I like this style because they fit nice and tight with good dexterity.
- Stanley 12-Inch Soft Sided Tool Bag ($9.97) | I have many of these bags in multiple brands. I prefer to build out these bags to serve a specific job. I have one for my gun cleaning supplies. One is dedicated it my chisels and carving tools. Another is for my sander. No matter who you’re buying for this will not be a wasted gift.
- Mirka Gold 5-Inch 8-Hole Dustless Hook-and-Loop Sanding Disks, 10 Each of 5 Grits ($19.72) | Sand paper is never exciting. Unless you’re me. If I unwrapped a big box of quality sandpaper for my random orbital sander Christmas morning I’d be very happy. This Mirka brand is some of the best paper I’ve found for my RO sander, and it is a great value.
- Craftsman 24in Bar Clamps ($18.96) | A woodworker can never have enough clamps. A woodworker hates buying clamps. Follow the link buy a clamp, any clamp, you will be thanked.
- Kreg MKJKIT Mini Kreg Jig Kit ($12.78)| As for me, I love my Kreg Jig. I have the Kreg K4MS Jig Master System ($139), but if you have a new DIYer or know they don’t have a pocket hole system the Kreg Mini is a great start.
- Empire Level 419-48 Heavy Duty Adjustable Drywall T-Square ($20.97) | This one does break $20 but it’s too useful not to make the list. I use this guy for so many different things other than drywall. In fact, rarely for drywall.
- Cordless Rechargeable Work Light with 35 LED Lights (19.99) | I don’t own this one, but I’d like to. Sometimes you just need more light. This guy is cordless, which is great for working on vehicles. It also comes with a car charger so you can leave it in your vehicle.
- Craftsman Evolv 5-PC Pliers Set ($14.96) | There is always a use for a good set of pliers in any shop or tool box.
- Craftsman Folding Lockback Utility Knife ($14.99) | Almost everybody has a utility knife, but a premium knife is a nice upgrade. Not only is it safer, but it’s a joy to use over the cheap ones.
- Wood Magazine: Arts and Crafts Furniture ($13.22) | Some of your woodworking friend and relatives have all the tools they need. So why not buy them a book that has project plans and ideas for inspiration. I like furniture, but Amazon has about every book on woodworking made.
- Bessey BPC-34 3/4-Inch H Style Pipe Clamp ($13.97) | Pipe clamps use metal pipe from the hardware store. They can be made to almost any size. If your woodworker likes making furniture having an extra 10ft pipe clamp is always nice.
- Rockler Glue Applicator Set (19.99) | Glue is used on about 90% of my projects. Having easier ways to apply it is always a good gift.
- Craftsman 8 pc. Standard 12 pt. Combination Wrench Set (9.99) | Tools need adjustment and calibration. An adjustable wrench can’t get into the small spaces, and they can damage the nut.
- Craftsman 11pc Inch Hex Key Set with Caddy ($13.49). Same as above. Needed to adjust tools.
- Coleman Cable 04657 6-Outlet Metal Power Strip, Heavy Duty Design, with 15-Feet ($19.53) | Yep, it’s a power strip, but a heavy duty power strip. Trust me. I want one, or 18.
This concludes my list. These are tools that I either have and found extremely useful, or that I want someone to get me for Christmas. I’ve tried to stick with quality product with good reviews. I hope this helps with your Christmas list.
Merry Christmas! And remember the real reason for Christmas; God sent his Son, Jesus Christ, to be our Savior.