I love how this project turned out. Apparently so did others because it sold very quickly, and several people contacted me about it. When I got it the mirror was long gone, and the seat was broken. The original finish was in good shape I probably could have just found a mirror and fixed the seat and been done with it in a day. But to me, it was worth all the work of stripping, sanding, and refinishing.
For this project I used. Cirtri-strip (it’s junk, seriously don’t buy it). Minwax Hickory Gel-Stain, and Minwax Wipe-on Polyurethane. I also used a “titainium” leafing to turn the gold hardware to a deep brushed silver.
I’ve put together a video that I posted on my Youtube Channel. Enjoy.